Anthony Alexander is a freelance writer, journalist, author, and an organizer of words and thoughts. He is passionate about sports, traveling, and life.
Atlanta is big city with a rich history, as well as a culture that is international in flavor. It's the perfect summer destination for anyone looking for a little bit of everything. There's so much to do and see in Atlanta, that you'll be certain to fill that vacation itinerary full of exciting adventures. Here's some tips for making the most of an Atlanta vacation:
CityPass is a convenient booklet of tickets to five of Atlanta's favorite attractions. Purchasing a CityPass provides you with huge discounts, and is an affordable and convenient way to experience Atlanta's favorite attractions. CityPass provides access to these Atlanta favorites:
- World of Coca-Cola: You'll visit the home of one of the world's favorite soft drinks. You can see the old and the new of Coca-Cola, including the Vault of the Secret Formula.
- Inside CNN Studio Tour: Get an inside look at the global headquarters of one of the best-known news networks—CNN. These walking tours will let you get behind the scenes of CNN programs such as Morning Express with Robin Meade. Even better, take the VIP tour and get expanded access to this amazing news studio.
- Atlanta History Center: The Atlanta History Center provides visitors a look back in time through exhibits including the 1928 Swan House and the Margaret Mitchell House. You'll love learning about Atlanta's rich and full history at this center.
- Georgia Aquarium: This Atlanta icon is the world's largest aquarium, with more than half a million square feet, situated on 9.5 acres. In addition to the aquatic and animal exhibits, you can also visit the Learning Loop and the world-renowned veterinary and conservation medicine facilities.
- High Museum of Art: This Atlanta treasure houses both permanent and special exhibitions of world-famous artists. Visitors can enjoy African, European, folk, modern art and much more with a visit to this museum.
Along with the CityPass activities, there are many more attractions and things to do in Atlanta including:
- Six Flags Over Georgia: You'll definitely get your amusement park thrills at Six Flags Over Georgia with its 40 rides, family friendly attractions and even kids-only section—no adults allowed! You can also enjoy plenty of food offerings, as this park has 27 eateries.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kids of any age will love the LEGOLAND Discovery Center featuring plenty of hands-on, interactive fun—all inside one of the biggest boxes of LEGO bricks. There's also a 4-D theater and LEGO building classes, and tons of fun and educational exhibits.
- The Hometown Favorites, The Atlanta Braves: A definite summer visit must-do is to take in an Atlanta Braves game at Turner Field. Also known as the "Home of the Braves", Turner Field is an Atlanta landmark that will certainly provide a memorable venue for a memorable game. Make sure to get those Atlanta Braves tickets in advance when making your Atlanta travel plans.
With so many activities to choose from, Atlanta makes a great summer vacation destination.
Want to be a guest blogger for SmarterTravel? Read up on our Guest Blogger Policy, and then send your story pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Guest blog submission." If we like your idea, we'll ask you to write the post!