Premium International Fares from $2,132 R/T
Access Fares, an agency that consolidates and offers discounts to the public (basically, an airfare consolidator), has agreed to supply SmarterTravel with samples of current outstanding deals. All fares shown below are round-trip, including all fees and taxes. None of the fares require an advance purchase, and none require more than a four-day minimum stay.
Please note: Airlines that sell discounted fares through consolidators do not want their names revealed. If you're interested in buying a ticket, the discount agency will inform you of the airline and whether or not the trip qualifies for frequent-flyer miles before you actually commit to buy. But SmarterTravel can't publish airline names; all we can provide is general guidance as to the type or airline involved. Here's what's for sale:
- Los Angeles to Beijing: fares from $3,687, one stop, fully flat seat, big airline, good product. Compare this to the published fare for the same route which, according to Access Fares, is $7,078.
- Los Angeles to Seoul: fares from $2,987, one stop, same service as the Beijing flight. Compare this to the published fare for the same route: $6,549.
- Los Angeles to Osaka: fares from $5,833, nonstop, fully flat seat, giant line, excellent product. Compare this to the published fare for the same route: $11,362.
- New York area to London: fares from $2,132, one stop, reclining seat with less-than-usual business-class legroom, well below current competitive standard but a good deal at the price. Compare this to the published fare for the same route: $3,493.
- New York to Paris: fares from $4,877, nonstop, angled lie-flat seat, giant airline, excellent product. Compare this to the published fare for the same route: $6,932.
- New York area to Milan: fares from $4,036, nonstop, reclining seat with good legroom, giant airline, good product. Compare this to the published fare for the same route: $8,132.
You can likely find similar deals through Access Fares, some other airfare consolidator, and your travel agent. Access Fares notes that it can offer even bigger discounts on premium fares with a 90-day advance purchase.