Delta Offers Bonuses for New SkyMiles Members
Delta must really want to pump up its SkyMiles membership base, as the airline is offering a robust suite of bonuses for newly enrolled members.
New SkyMiles members can earn up to 40,000 bonus miles for completing any of the following activities within 12 months of enrollment:
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles for the first round-trip flight purchased and flown after enrollment on any Delta-operated and -marketed flight, plus an additional 2,500 bonus miles for each of the next four round-trip flights.
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles for signing up for the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card.
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles for joining the Delta Sky Club with a one-year, three-year, or joint membership.
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles when redeeming 10,000 or more miles for awards (mileage transfers and charitable donations not included).
- Earn 500 bonus miles for each unique partner activity, up to 5,000 miles for 10 partner transactions.
There's no published end date to the offer, so it could be terminated at any time.
Registration is required.
Deal or No Deal
For anyone contemplating a Delta flight and not already a SkyMiles member, this offer provides a compelling reason to sign up for the program sooner rather than later.
If there is a caveat, it would be that SkyMiles is almost certainly due for a radical redesign in the foreseeable future that will devalue the earnings of some members.
This article originally appeared on FrequentFlier.com.